To go back to the exercise
Exercise "Express the cause", created by anonyme (a free exercise to learn English):
Results of the 8 638 people who have taken this test:
Average mark: 54 / 100 Share
Latest member with a 100/100 (perfect mark): icare29 / FRANCE, on Wednesday 25 October - 17:51:
"thank you very much for your good exercise"
They got a perfect mark
Stats (325 candidates)
Question 1 passed: 92.6 %
* a lack of time, they couldn't succeed in choosing the most appropriate scene for their report.
Question 2 passed: 68.6 %
I tried in vain to find the Album Space Opera by Didier Maruani that he wanted, * I was doing my shopping for the week.
Question 3 passed: 37.2 %
* nowadays it's hard to please employers and get a good job, so you should do your best to send as many letters as possible.
Question 4 passed: 58.5 %
* the high rate of crime reported by the government, tourism is almost non-existent in this country.
Question 5 passed: 43.1 %
I don't know why but I suppose this policeman has been suspended from duty * his violence towards suspects.
Question 6 passed: 61.8 %
* you're fond of singing foreign songs on your karaoke machine, why don't you translate these lyrics?
Question 7 passed: 39.7 %
She brought up her child alone, * her boyfriend had abandoned her when she was pregnant.
Question 8 passed: 41.5 %
In spite of his unease and advice from his instructor to cancel for today, he preferred to go on diving * fear of losing his money.
Question 9 passed: 92.3 %
* I had no intention of fighting with the robbers, I decided to drop my empty bag and flee as quickly as possible.
Question 10 passed: 45.8 %
This evening after he got home, he was scolded by his mother * the extravagant green dye in his hair.
Question 11 passed: 67.4 %
Although he didn't have any accidents on the road, he had to do one year in prison * driving without a licence.
Question 12 passed: 40 %
The headteacher decided to expel this student from the college * bullying others.
Question 13 passed: 70.2 %
How many species of animals have died out * human avarice?
Question 14 passed: 49.2 %
They couldn't raise the wages of their employees * the financial position of the company.
Question 15 passed: 40 %
* you were going to take a shower, I kept on using the computer.
Click here to go back to the exercise: Express the cause
Other exercises to learn English