To go back to the exercise
Exercise "Linking words", created by exoddus (a free exercise to learn English):
Results of the 1 810 people who have taken this test:
Average mark: 59 / 100 Share
Latest member with a 100/100 (perfect mark): bleuclair64 / FRANCE, on Saturday 23 April - 05:09:
They got a perfect mark
Stats (1747 candidates)
Question 1 passed: 60.7 %
* I can't help admiring the man's courage, I do not approve of his methods.
Question 2 passed: 72.5 %
They rushed to the hospital, * they were too late.
Question 3 passed: 32.3 %
* you look at it, it was a wicked thing to do.
Question 4 passed: 72.5 %
* in most of the world they drive on the right, in the UK and Japan they drive on the left.
Question 5 passed: 51 %
* the city spent over $1 billion on its museums and stadium, it failed to look after its schools.
Question 6 passed: 37.4 %
He began his academic career as a mathematician. *, his main achievements were in the field of nuclear physics.
Question 7 passed: 68.2 %
She'd not skied before but she insisted on coming with us *.
Question 8 passed: 60.3 %
Her books are fascinating * often rather disturbing.
Question 9 passed: 66.2 %
* you are in the middle of the city, you feel as if you are in the countryside.
Question 10 passed: 48.1 %
A series of studies 20 years ago suggested that there was a link between watching violent films and violent behaviour. *, the results still remain highly controversial.
Click here to go back to the exercise: Linking words
Other exercises to learn English