Click here to log in
4 million accounts created!
JOIN our free club and learn English now!
Get a free English lesson every week! 2 MILLION subscribers!
- Our other sites
Learn English > English lessons and exercises > English test #698: Acronyms V
- Government Issue - stamped on US military equipment and often means US soldier
The man went to the store and bought a GI Joe doll for his son. GMT
- Greenwich Mean Time - a place in England used as the standard for time around the world
The rocket will be launched at 10:00 AM tomorrow GMT.
- Gross National Product - the total value of goods and services produced by a country in one year
The GNP of the country that I visited last year has been decreasing for several years.
- General Practitioner - a general doctor
I went to see a GP when I broke my leg last summer.
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus
The rate of HIV infection among drug users is very high.
The HQ of the company is located in a small town in Korea.
- International Monetary Fund - an international agency that works to stabilize currencies etc.
The IMF imposed very strict currency guidelines that many people were opposed to.
- I Owe You - a signed paper saying that you owe money to someone
I gave my friend an IOU when I bought his stereo.
- Intelligence Quotient - a measure of a person's intelligence
The IQ of the new student is very high.
- Justice of the Peace
They went to a JP when they decided to get married.
English exercise "Acronyms V" created by webmaster with The test builder
Click here to see the current stats of this English test
Please log in to save your progress.
End of the free exercise to learn English: Acronyms V
A free English exercise to learn English.
Other English exercises on the same topic : Abbreviations and acronyms... | All our lessons and exercises