Click here to log in
4 million accounts created!
JOIN our free club and learn English now!
Get a free English lesson every week! 2 MILLION subscribers!
- Our other sites
Learn English > English lessons and exercises > English test #116968: Ask questions
When we have a simple sentence that we want to change into a question, at first we look at the sentence to see if we have a modal or auxiliary verb or not ( can, may, must, should, am, is, was, .....) .
If we have one of them they can help us to make a question sentence, otherwise we need ( do, does or did).
Don't forget that here I'm not talking about WH questions. Look at those examples please:
1) Mary is a nurse. Q: Is Mary a nurse?
2) The men are in the yard. Q: Are the men in the yard?
3) His wife was in the hospital yesterday. Q: Was his wife in the hospital yesterday?
4) The teacher teaches English well. Q: Does the teacher teach English well?
5) Those people produced a lot of rubbish during the holiday. Q: Did those people produce a lot of rubbish during the holiday?
English exercise "Ask questions" created by mah with The test builder
Click here to see the current stats of this English test
Please log in to save your progress.
End of the free exercise to learn English: Ask questions
A free English exercise to learn English.
Other English exercises on the same topics : BE, HAVE, DO, DID, WAS... | Questions | All our lessons and exercises