|> Other English exercises on the same topics: BE, HAVE, DO, DID, WAS... | Questions [Change theme]|
|> Similar tests: - FLE : AVOIR au présent - Participe passé-Bilan complet - Present: Verb Avoir - Questions with Pourquoi? - Questions-Translate What - Question with Quand? - TLF-Asking a question - Questions with Comment?|
|> Double-click on words you don't understand|
When we have a simple sentence that we want to change into a question, at first we look at the sentence to see if we have a modal or auxiliary verb or not ( can, may, must, should, am, is, was, .....) .
If we have one of them they can help us to make a question sentence, otherwise we need ( do, does or did).
Don't forget that here I'm not talking about WH questions. Look at those examples please:
1) Mary is a nurse. Q: Is Mary a nurse?
2) The men are in the yard. Q: Are the men in the yard?
3) His wife was in the hospital yesterday. Q: Was his wife in the hospital yesterday?
4) The teacher teaches English well. Q: Does the teacher teach English well?
5) Those people produced a lot of rubbish during the holiday. Q: Did those people produce a lot of rubbish during the holiday?
English exercise "Ask questions" created by mah with The test builder. [More lessons & exercises from mah]
Click here to see the current stats of this English test
Please log in to save your progress.
End of the free exercise to learn English: Ask questions
A free English exercise to learn English.
Other English exercises on the same topics : BE, HAVE, DO, DID, WAS... | Questions | All our lessons and exercises