|> Other English exercises on the same topics: Banks, money | Making portraits, describing | Idioms [Change theme]|
|> Similar tests: - Describing a face - Describing a picture - Bill, tip, fare, fine, fee - Adjectives: where to place them? - Vocabulary: going to the bank... - Vocabulary: sight - Vocabulary: room, place or space - Vocabulary: idioms: emotions 1|
|> Double-click on words you don't understand|
Whether we accept it or not, we are all consumers, obeying some obligations, and yielding to temptations... We have to observe some events resulting
from the regional, national and global contexts, and react as well as we can...
|To consume/ a consumer|
|The consumer society|
living standards/ the standard of living
|The cost of living|
|Expensive/ costly/ dear|
To be expensive/ To cost a lot of money
|To cost a fortune|
|To be valuable|
- What does it cost?
- How much is it?
- To cost the earth
- To pay the earth for sth
|at little cost|
A drop in prices
|To go up/ to rise/ to increase|
|To go up in price|
|To go down/ to fall/ to drop|
|To go down in price|
|An increase/ a drop in prices|
|The explosion of prices|
- prices are soaring/ rocketing/ spiralling
|To economise on sth|
|To save up/ to put aside|
|An economy in sth|
|An expense/ expenses|
- To save up for something
- To be economical with sth: avoiding waste/ thrifty/ producing savings.
- To cut back on food/ to cut down on food
- To tighten one's belt
- To spend a lot on one's car
- The housekeeping money: the maintenance of a house or domestic establishment.
- To work out one's budget: making effort to manage one's money.
- To keep the household accounts
To pay a bill/ To settle an account
|To pay the bill|
|To owe money to sb|
|A debt/ in debt|
- To pay for the goods/ to pay $60 for the goods.
- To be in arrears with one's rent=> debt=> eviction.
- It's due by the end of the month
A little technical, I must admit! But not everything is essential!
Make a pick depending on your needs!
English exercise "Vocabulary: consumption" created by here4u with The test builder. [More lessons & exercises from here4u]
Click here to see the current stats of this English test
Please log in to save your progress.
End of the free exercise to learn English: Vocabulary: consumption
A free English exercise to learn English.
Other English exercises on the same topics : Banks, money | Making portraits, describing | Idioms | All our lessons and exercises