|A true haven of paece, the Auteuil greenhouse garden is located in the Bois de Boulogne and is an educational and walking area. This space is one of the four poles in the botanical garden of Paris, open to the public.
Its history go back to Louis XV, who, from a very young age, showed a prononced taste for botani and in 1761, he had a garden decorated with numerous flowerbed and already equipped with greenhouses, adjacent to his Château du Coq. In 1778, the castle and the garden were sold by Louis XVI. The garden was a logical continuation of the landscaping of the Second Empire. At the end of the 19th century, the Paris municipality commissione Jean Camille Formigé to create a new horticultural production site where plants would be growed to adorn the capital ' s green spaces. The garden was organised around a large parterre à la française. It was decorated with large cast iron greenhouses painted in turquoise blue, typical of the architecture of the end of this century. Its frames form harmonius ogival vessels. These greenhouses are all the more remarkable as they represent the last structure of this type built at that time. The large greenhouse is an impressive 6 metres high and has a surface area of 1368, m2. It is a real technical masterpiece as the nave is divided into three different climatic areas : a tropical garden : hot and humid, a palm grove : drier and finally an orangery, a little less hot, where there are ponds fillen with Japanese carps.
Click on the errors :
| || || || || |