|> Other English exercises on the same topic: Abbreviations and acronyms... [Change theme]|
|> Similar tests: - Abreviations - Initials / Abbreviations / Acronyms 1 - SMS language: abbreviations and acronyms - Initials / Acronyms 8 - Acronyms V - Abbreviations - Job search and common abbreviations (US) - Ads and abbreviations (US)|
|> Double-click on words you don't understand|
Initials / Acronyms 9
- Toilet PaperI went to the store and bought several rolls of TP.
- Unidentified Flying ObjectThe number of UFO sightings has increased dramatically recently.
- Ultraviolet - a type of light rayWe used lots of sunscreen in order to protect ourselves from UV rays.
- Video Cassette RecorderWe bought a new VCR after our old one began to have problems.
- Video Display UnitThe VDU at work was beginning to cause problems with my eyes so I went to an eye doctor.
- Very High FrequencyThe television wasn't working because of a problem with the VHF connection.
- Very Important PersonThe football player was given the VIP treatment when he went to visit his hometown.
- Vice-PresidentAfter serving faithfully as vice-president for many years my father was appointed to the position of company president.
- Video Tape RecorderThe VTR in the classroom was missing because someone was using it for a meeting.
- Water Closet - toiletAs soon as we entered the park we went directly to the sign that said WC.
- Young Men's Christian AssociationThe English classes at the YMCA were recommended to the students last year.
- Young Women's Christian AssociationMy friend stayed at the YWCA when she visited New York City last summer.
English exercise "Initials / Acronyms 9" created by webmaster with The test builder. [More lessons & exercises from webmaster]
Click here to see the current stats of this English test
Please log in to save your progress.
End of the free exercise to learn English: Initials / Acronyms 9
A free English exercise to learn English.
Other English exercises on the same topic : Abbreviations and acronyms... | All our lessons and exercises