|> Other English exercises on the same topic: Abbreviations and acronyms... [Change theme]|
|> Similar tests: - Abreviations - Initials / Abbreviations / Acronyms 1 - Initials / Acronyms 8 - SMS language: abbreviations and acronyms - Acronyms V - Abbreviations - Job search and common abbreviations (US) - Ads and abbreviations (US)|
|> Double-click on words you don't understand|
Initials / Acronyms 9
- Toilet PaperI went to the store and bought several rolls of TP.
- Unidentified Flying ObjectThe number of UFO sightings has increased dramatically recently.
- Ultraviolet - a type of light rayWe used lots of sunscreen in order to protect ourselves from UV rays.
- Video Cassette RecorderWe bought a new VCR after our old one began to have problems.
- Video Display UnitThe VDU at work was beginning to cause problems with my eyes so I went to an eye doctor.
- Very High FrequencyThe television wasn't working because of a problem with the VHF connection.
- Very Important PersonThe football player was given the VIP treatment when he went to visit his hometown.
- Vice-PresidentAfter serving faithfully as vice-president for many years my father was appointed to the position of company president.
- Video Tape RecorderThe VTR in the classroom was missing because someone was using it for a meeting.
- Water Closet - toiletAs soon as we entered the park we went directly to the sign that said WC.
- Young Men's Christian AssociationThe English classes at the YMCA were recommended to the students last year.
- Young Women's Christian AssociationMy friend stayed at the YWCA when she visited New York City last summer.
English exercise "Initials / Acronyms 9" created by webmaster with The test builder
Click here to see the current stats of this English test
Please log in to save your progress.
End of the free exercise to learn English: Initials / Acronyms 9
A free English exercise to learn English.
Other English exercises on the same topic : Abbreviations and acronyms... | All our lessons and exercises