|Add a new lesson / test / 1 lesson per week|
Click here to log in
4 million accounts created!
JOIN our free club and learn English now!
Get a free English lesson every week! 2 MILLION subscribers!
- Our other sites
Learn English > English lessons and exercises > English test #16116: Funny phrases
Some funny phrases:
5) huff and puff
6) snail mail
7) sneak peek
8) soft spot
9) white knight
And their meanings:
1) visibly relaxed
2) overly romantic
3) insipid or weak
4) a stupid or silly person
5) a) to breathe in a noisy way while moving with great difficulty
5) b) to make noisy but empty threats or objections
6) paper mail as opposed to email
7) a preview, especially of something not yet public
9) one that comes to the rescue, a saviour
10)in a random fashion
English exercise "Funny phrases" created by anonyme with The test builder
Click here to see the current stats of this English test
Please log in to save your progress.
End of the free exercise to learn English: Funny phrases
A free English exercise to learn English.
Other English exercises on the same topic : Idioms | All our lessons and exercises