Click here to log in
4 million accounts created!
JOIN our free club and learn English now!
Get a free English lesson every week! 2 MILLION subscribers!
- Our other sites
Learn English > English lessons and exercises > English test #40296: Reflexive pronouns
Quelques Règles D'utilisation des Pronoms Réfléchis
The reflexive pronouns are :
Singular : Myself yourself himself /herself/itself
Plural : Ourselves yourselves themselves
We use the reflexive pronouns when the subject and object are the same .
I am looking myself at the mirror. I = Subject Myself = object
- It 's not our fault. You can't blame us.
- It's our own fault. We can blame ourselves.
We DO NOT use a reflexive pronoun after these verbs : meet, feel , relax , concentrate
- Do you feel excited ? not 'feel yourself excited'
- What time shall we meet ? not 'meet ourselves', not 'meet us'.
We normally use wash/ shave/ dress/ without a reflexive pronoun :
- He gets up, washes, shaves and dresses each morning. Not washes himself etc
BUT we say - I dried myself
English exercise "Reflexive pronouns" created by anonyme with The test builder
Click here to see the current stats of this English test
Please log in to save your progress.
End of the free exercise to learn English: Reflexive pronouns
A free English exercise to learn English.
Other English exercises on the same topic : Pronouns | All our lessons and exercises