|> Other English exercises on the same topic: Question Tags [Change theme]|
|> Similar tests: - Question tags - Imperative mode and its tags. - Surprise; Contradiction; Short answers. - Infinitive implied by its particle. - Do: Insistence-Contradiction-Confirmation - Tags: surprise and contradiction. - Question Tags - Question tags|
|> Double-click on words you don't understand|
- Tags are questions asking for agreement or disagreement at the end of a statement.
1. Positive statement -> Negative tag.
- The mail has come, hasn't it ?
- It's raining outside, isn't it ?
2. Negative statement -> Positive tag.
- The mail hasn't come, has it ?
- It isn't raining outside, is it ?
NB: - They are used in speech more than writing.
Complete the following sentences with the right tag .
English exercise "Tags" created by anonyme with The test builder
Click here to see the current stats of this English test
Please log in to save your progress.
End of the free exercise to learn English: Tags
A free English exercise to learn English.
Other English exercises on the same topic : Question Tags | All our lessons and exercises