Click here to log in
4 million accounts created!
JOIN our free club and learn English now!
Get a free English lesson every week! 2 MILLION subscribers!
- Our other sites
Learn English > English lessons and exercises > English test #94092: Expressions
By dint of something
- as a result of something
- because of
- with intention
- knowing completely from memory
By and by
- after a short time
By force of habit
- to do something that has become a habit
By the book
- to do something exactly as the rules demand
By hook or by crook
- by any method possible
- legal or illegal
By leaps and bounds
- when something improves or increases a lot
- very quickly
- when something happens without plan
By no means
- not at all
- when emphasizing a negative statement
By all means
- when giving permission
- of course
By the way
- in addition to
- to introduce a new subject that is considered
- to give further information
English exercise "Expressions" created by greg100 with The test builder
Click here to see the current stats of this English test
Please log in to save your progress.
End of the free exercise to learn English: Expressions
A free English exercise to learn English.
Other English exercises on the same topic : Idioms | All our lessons and exercises