|Add a new lesson / test / 1 lesson per week|
Click here to log in
4 million accounts created!
JOIN our free club and learn English now!
Get a free English lesson every week! 2 MILLION subscribers!
- Our other sites
Learn English > English lessons and exercises > English test #95652: Expressions
* - To keep one's word ( to keep promise )
* - To hold one's tongue ( to remain silent )
* - To stand up to somebody ( to resist )
* - To bear a grudge against somebody for something ( to not forgive somebody for something, to have grievance)
* - To hold spellbound ( to keep somebody in suspense )
* - To hold out ( to continue to survive, to fight against somebody )
* - To be on the right track ( to be on the good way )
* - To play gooseberry ( to be the third person at a date )
* - To hold the purse strings ( to be in charge of money)
* - To keep tabs on ( to look after somebody)
* - To be the apple of one's eyes ( to care for somebody )
* - To be hanging by a thread ( to be precarious)
* - To have a long run ( to put on a play a long time )
* - To write nothing but fillers ( to pad with news in brief)
* - To hold the floor (to monopolize the conversation )
English exercise "Expressions" created by eos17 with The test builder
Click here to see the current stats of this English test
Please log in to save your progress.
End of the free exercise to learn English: Expressions
A free English exercise to learn English.
Other English exercises on the same topic : Idioms | All our lessons and exercises