|> Other English exercises on the same topic: | Past [Change theme]|
|> Similar tests: - Past simple or present perfect - Placement test 1 - Past simple (video) - Modal : may/might - Past simple or continuous - Adverbs and past tense - Past simple - Choosing your past tense...|
|> Double-click on words you don't understand|
When to use the past simple tense?
- To talk about daily routine in the past(that we used to).
- To talk about finished events or situations at one particular time in the past.
- To tell a story.
1. 1. When I was ten, I went to the theatre every Monday. (daily routine in the past)
. 2.In 1999, Jennifer lived in Italy .(situation in the past at one particular time)
3. 3. Once upon a time,there was an old poor man who liked cooking delicous meals.(story).
Which time expressions refer to the past simple tense ?
Yesterday,yesterday (at 7 p.m/morning/afternoon/...), last(month /day /Monday /year/summer/…),ago,in1980,in 2000 ,…
- Remember to learn your irregular verbs by heart and to add the ending 'ed' to the regular verbs !
Let's move to the exercise, now !Are you ready?
**Put the verbs in brackets in the simple past tense:
English exercise "Past simple" created by djohrahocine with The test builder. [More lessons & exercises from djohrahocine]
Click here to see the current stats of this English test
Please log in to save your progress.
End of the free exercise to learn English: Past simple
A free English exercise to learn English.
Other English exercises on the same topic : | Past | All our lessons and exercises