|> Other English exercises on the same topic: | Past [Change theme]|
|> Similar tests: - Past simple or present perfect - Placement test 1 - Past simple (video) - Modal : may/might - Past simple or continuous - Adverbs and past tense - Past simple - Choosing your past tense...|
|> Double-click on words you don't understand|
When to use the past simple tense?
- To talk about daily routine in the past(that we used to).
- To talk about finished events or situations at one particular time in the past.
- To tell a story.
1. 1. When I was ten, I went to the theatre every Monday. (daily routine in the past)
. 2.In 1999, Jennifer lived in Italy .(situation in the past at one particular time)
3. 3. Once upon a time,there was an old poor man who liked cooking delicous meals.(story).
Which time expressions refer to the past simple tense ?
Yesterday,yesterday (at 7 p.m/morning/afternoon/...), last(month /day /Monday /year/summer/…),ago,in1980,in 2000 ,…
- Remember to learn your irregular verbs by heart and to add the ending 'ed' to the regular verbs !
Let's move to the exercise, now !Are you ready?
**Put the verbs in brackets in the simple past tense:
English exercise "Past simple" created by djohrahocine with The test builder
Click here to see the current stats of this English test
Please log in to save your progress.
End of the free exercise to learn English: Past simple
A free English exercise to learn English.
Other English exercises on the same topic : | Past | All our lessons and exercises