Learn English 100% free...Get 1 free lesson per week // Add a new lesson

Click here to log in
New account
Millions of accounts created on our sites.
JOIN our free club and learn English now!

• Home
  • Print
  • Guestbook
  • Report a bug

• Get a free English lesson every week!
    Click here!

Partners:
    - Our other sites

Ex 274/conflicts

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Ex 274/conflicts
    Message de here4u posté le 30-04-2024 à 12:01:01 (S | E | F)
    Hello dears,

Voici votre nouveau challenge ! (pas si facile qu'il en a l'air, mais je sais que vous allez bien vous en tirer !)

Translate into English:

1) « Est-ce que je t’ennuie ?! » « Non, mais simplement, tu me dis des choses que je sais déjà ! » « Je me répète les choses à voix haute pour me convaincre et me calmer, parce que je suis dans tous mes états… »
    2) « J’apprécierais vraiment si tout ce que je dis ne t’offensait pas… Trop de choses sont en jeu pour nous deux. Il faut que nous fassions équipe ! »
    3) « Ton mécanisme de défense est la colère… le mien est le silence, l’affolement et l’angoisse… »
    4) « Rien de tout ceci ne serait arrivé si j’avais fait d’autres choix… » « Que veux-tu dire ? Quels choix ? Tu as supporté des choses qui auraient mis la plupart des gens à genoux et toi tu es encore debout ! Te rajouter encore plus de stress et de culpabilité n’est pas la bonne réponse ! »
    5) « Après tout ce qu’elle a fait, à toi et à ta famille, pourquoi son existence et sa liberté voudraient-elles encore dire quelque chose pour vous ? » « Nous voulons seulement qu’elle affronte son châtiment ! »
    6) « Je ne renonce pas ! J’en ai juste assez d’être assis là, à ne rien faire et à attendre que le téléphone sonne ! » « D’accord ! Fais ce que tu crois devoir faire et je vais veiller à ce que personne ne s’en mêle ! »

Cet exercice est bien un et sa correction en ligne sera postée le mardi 14 mai 2024.
    Bon courage à vous ! I give you THE FORCE.

Réponse : Ex 274/conflicts de gerold, postée le 30-04-2024 à 18:22:54 (S | E)
    Hello here4u

for Frank's story and this new exercise!

1."Am I boring you?" "No but, simply, you're telling me things that I already know!"- "I keep dwelling aloud on the situation, so that I convince myself and calm down, because I'm totally overwhelmed..."
    2."I will greatly appreciate if all that I have said doesn't offend you... Too many things are at stake for both of us, we must work as a team!"
    3."Your defence mechanism is anger... mine is silence, panic and anguish..."
    4."Nothing of all that would have happened if I had made other choices..." "What do you mean? What choices? You endured things that would have brought most people to their knees, but YOU are still standing! To increase further your stress and guilt isn't the right response!"
    5."After all she did to you and your family, why should her existence and her liberty still mean anything to you all? We only want her to face her punishment!"
    6."I don't give up! I am just fed up with sitting here, doing nothing and waiting for the phone to ring!" "All right! Do what you think you have to do and I'll make sure that nobody interferes into it!"

Réponse : Ex 274/conflicts de amalia80, postée le 02-05-2024 à 15:11:44 (S | E)
    Hello Here4u , thank you for the correction.
    Translate into English:

1) « Est-ce que je t’ennuie ?! » « Non, mais simplement, tu me dis des choses que je sais déjà ! » « Je me répète les choses à voix haute pour me convaincre et me calmer, parce que je suis dans tous mes états… »
    "Am I bothering you?" "No , but it's just you are telling me things I already know!" "I'm repeating things aloud to convince myself and calm me down, because I'm in a terrible state.."

2) « J’apprécierais vraiment si tout ce que je dis ne t’offensait pas… Trop de choses sont en jeu pour nous deux. Il faut que nous fassions équipe ! »
    "I'd really appreciate if everything I said didn't offend you..Too many things are at stake for both of us.We need make a team!"

3) « Ton mécanisme de défense est la colère… le mien est le silence, l’affolement et l’angoisse… »
    "Your defence machanism is anger..mine is silence, panic and anxiety"

4) « Rien de tout ceci ne serait arrivé si j’avais fait d’autres choix… » « Que veux-tu dire ? Quels choix ? Tu as supporté des choses qui auraient mis la plupart des gens à genoux et toi tu es encore debout ! Te rajouter encore plus de stress et de culpabilité n’est pas la bonne réponse !
    Nothing of this would have happened if I had made other choices.» "What do you mean? What choices? You've endured things which would have knocked most poeple on their knees, and you are still standing! Adding even more stress and guilt isn't the right answer!"

5) « Après tout ce qu’elle a fait, à toi et à ta famille, pourquoi son existence et sa liberté voudraient-elles encore dire quelque chose pour vous ? » « Nous voulons seulement qu’elle affronte son châtiment ! »
    "After all she did to you and your family, why would her life and freedom still mean anything for you?" "We only want her to face her punishment !"

6) « Je ne renonce pas ! J’en ai juste assez d’être assis là, à ne rien faire et à attendre que le téléphone sonne ! » « D’accord ! Fais ce que tu crois devoir faire et je vais veiller à ce que personne ne s’en mêle ! »
    "I'm not giving up! I'm just tired from sitting here, doing nothing and waiting the phone to ring!""All right! Do what you think you have to do, and I'll watch that no one messes!"

Réponse : Ex 274/conflicts de mayamalher92, postée le 02-05-2024 à 17:08:33 (S | E)
    Hello Here4u,

“Do I bother you ?” “No, but simply, you just tell me things I already know.” I repeat things aloud to convince me and calm me down because I’m in a state”

I would really appreciate if all I tell you did not hurt you .. Too many things are at stake for both of us. We need to team up with each other !

Anger is your defence mechanism .. mine is silence, panic and anxiety

4) « Rien de tout ceci ne serait arrivé si j’avais fait d’autres choix… » « Que veux-tu dire ? Quels choix ? Tu as supporté des choses qui auraient mis la plupart des gens à genoux et toi tu es encore debout ! Te rajouter encore plus de stress et de culpabilité n’est pas la bonne réponse ! »
    None of all that would have occurred if I had taken other decisions..
    What do you mean ? What decisions ? You have endured things which would have kneeled down most people and you are still standing up ! Adding more stress and guilt is not the good reply !

After all she did to you and your family, why would her life and her freedom still mean anything to you ? We just wish her to confront her punishment

I don’t give up ! I’m just fed up sitting there, doing nothing and waiting for the phone to ring !
    “OK” Do what you think you have to do and I’ll make sure that nobody meddles in it !

Bad weather = work done quicker - Thank u

Réponse : Ex 274/conflicts de happynutmeg13, postée le 07-05-2024 à 15:34:15 (S | E)
    Hello all ! Thank you Here4U for the exercise !

Here is my translation :

1) « Est-ce que je t’ennuie ? » « Non, mais simplement, tu me dis des choses que je sais déjà ! » « Je me répète les choses à voix haute pour me convaincre et me calmer, parce que je suis dans tous mes états… »

« Am I bothering you? » « No you don't, but you're just telling me things I already know! » « I'm saying these things out loud to me again and again to convince and calm down, because I'm so upset... »

« I'd really appreciate if you weren't offended by everything I'm telling you... Too many things are at stake for the two of us. We have to team up! »

« Your defense mechanism is anger... Mine is silence, panic and anguish »

« None of all this would have happened if I had made other choices... » « What do you mean? What choices? You have stood things that would have devastated most of people and you're still on your feet! Adding still more pressure and guilt is not the right answer! »

After all she did to you and your family, why would her living and freedom still mean anything to you? « We just want her to face her punishment! »

« I'm not giving up!  I've had just enough of being there, doing nothing but expecting the phone to ring! » « Ok! Do what you think you have to, and I'll be careful nobody interferes! »

Réponse : Ex 274/conflicts de magie8, postée le 12-05-2024 à 03:31:26 (S | E)
    Hello! In extremis, here is my work. Thank you for correction and comments.

1) ‘Am I boring you? ‘No, it's just that you're telling me things I already know!’ ‘I'm repeating things out loud to convince myself and calm down, because I'm in such a state...’

2) ‘I'd really appreciate it if everything I said didn't offend you... There's a great deal at stake for both of us. We need to team up!’

3) ‘Your defence mechanism is anger... mine is silence, panic and anxiety...’

4) ‘None of this would have happened, if I'd made different choices...’ ‘What do you mean? What choices? You've put up with things that would have brought most people to their knees, and you're still standing! Adding even more stress and guilt is not the right answer!

5) ‘After all she's done to you and your family, why should her existence and freedom still mean anything to you?’ ‘We just want her to face her punishment!

6) ‘I'm not giving up! I'm just tired of sitting here, doing nothing and waiting for the phone ringing!’ ‘All right! Do what you think you have to do, and I'll make sure no one sticks their oars into it!’

Réponse : Ex 274/conflicts de here4u, postée le 12-05-2024 à 12:32:34 (S | E)
    Hello dears!

Still a few days to beat the holiday and translate this extract into French! Come on, go for it!

Réponse : Ex 274/conflicts de mad14, postée le 13-05-2024 à 13:05:08 (S | E)
    Ex 274 – “Conflicts” Hello Here4 U – Here’s my work

1) Am I boring you? No, but you are plainly telling me things I already know! I am repeating things out loud to myself to convince and quieten me down, because I’m beside oneself.

2) I’d honesty appreciate if everything I say didn’t hurt you...Too much is at stake for both of us. We have to team up.

3) Your defence mechanism is anger, mine is silence, turmoil, anguish.

4) None of this would have happened if I had made other choices. What do you mean? Which choices? You have brought a lot that would have had most of people on their knees and you ‘re still standing. Adding more stress and guilt isn’t the right answer.

5) After all she has done to you and to your family , why her existence and her liberty would significate anything to you yet . We only want her to brave her punishment.

6) I don’t give up! I have just enough being sit there, doing notuhing and waiting for the phone’s ringing! All right! Make what you believe you have to do, and I ‘m going to keep a watchful eye on so as to no one meddles with.

Réponse : Ex 274/conflicts de here4u, postée le 14-05-2024 à 22:32:52 (S | E)
    Hello dears!

Voici la reprise de vos traductions pour lesquelles vous avez fourni un gros et bon travail.
    Les phrases étaient de difficultés diverses, mais elles demandaient toujours de la rigueur et de l'exactitude.

Translate into English:

1)« Est-ce que je t’ennuie ? » « Non, mais simplement, tu me dis des choses que je sais déjà ! » « Je me répète les choses à
    voix haute pour me convaincre, parce que je suis dans tous mes états… »
    ‘Am I boring you?’ ‘No, you’re just telling me things that I already know.’ ‘I’m just repeating things aloud in order to convince
    myself, because I’m crawling out of my skin’

- Je m’ennuie : I’m bored (sens passif) Je t’ennuie : I’m boring you (sens actif)
    Difference between ‘bore’ et ‘bother’. They’re very different and very different in meanings. Lien internet

- « je me répète/ pour me convaincre » : pronoms réfléchis (myself) obligatoires. Pour : to/ so as to/ in order to
    - « je suis dans tous mes états » : to be in one hell of a state/ be beside oneself/ to crawl out of one’s skin. (meaning very
    anxious…)

2) J’apprécierais vraiment si tout ce que je dis ne t’offensait pas… Trop de choses sont en jeu pour nous deux. Il faut que nous
    fassions équipe ! »
    ‘I’d really appreciate it if you weren’t offended by everything I say. We both have too much at stake. We have to work as
    a team.’

- « tout ce que je dis » : everything I say/ all that I say.
    - si tout ce que je dis ne t’offensait pas… [ le passif, ici, serait beaucoup plus employé… Ne pas oublier qu’il est très fréquent
    en anglais.]
    - « sont en jeu » to be at stake.
    - " faire équipe " : work as a team./ to team up with sby/

‘Your defence mechanism is anger, mine is quiet, panic and anxiety’.

- la colère, l’affolement, l’angoisse : 3 émotions, donc, « abstraites ». Pas d’articles.

4) « Rien de tout ceci ne serait arrivé si j’avais fait d’autres choix… » « Que veux-tu dire ? Quels choix ? Tu as supporté des
    choses qui auraient mis à genoux la plupart des gens et toi tu es encore debout ! Te rajouter encore plus de stress et de culpabilité
    n’est pas la bonne réponse ! »
    ‘None of this would have happened if I had made other choices…’ ‘What do you mean? What choices? You have born things that would
    have brought most people to their knees and you’re still standing! Piling more stress and blame on yourself isn’t the right answer… ‘

- rien de tout ceci : none of this/
    - Lien internet

"endure" often emphasizes the idea of persisting through difficulty with resilience, while "bear" can also refer to physically carrying
    a burden or responsibility in addition to enduring hardship.
    - " Te rajouter " : to add/ to tag/ tack on/ ham it up/ lay it on/ overdo/ pile on/ rub it in/ ici, ' to pile' suggère bien l’idée de
    fardeau.
    - mettre à genoux : to bring to one’s knees.
    - tu es encore debout ! you’re still standing. ! pas 'stand up' car : stand up : se lever // stand : être/ rester debout.

5) « Après tout ce qu’elle a t’a fait, à toi et à ta famille, pourquoi son existence et sa liberté voudraient-elles dire quelque chose
    pour toi. » « Je veux seulement qu’elle affronte son châtiment ! »
    ‘After all the things that she did to you and to your family, why would her life and freedom mean anything to you?’ ‘I simply
    want her to face her punishment!’

- elle a fait : pas de present perfect. Les actions sont terminées et appartiennent au passé révolu : preterits
    - attention à l’interrogative avec deux sujets longs à placer avant le verbe.

6) « Je ne renonce pas ! J’en ai juste assez d’être assis là, à ne rien faire et à attendre que le téléphone sonne ! » « D’accord !
    Fais ce que tu crois devoir faire et je vais veiller à ce que personne ne s’en mêle ! »
    ‘I’m not giving up! I’m just sick of sitting here doing nothing and waiting for the phone to ring… Alright! You do what you think
    you have to do and I’ll see to it that no one interferes.’

- Je ne renonce pas : la forme en –ing s’impose : 'I'm not giving up'.
    - en avoir assez de : to be fed up with stg/ to have had enough of stg/ to have had your fill of/ to be sick of/
    - être assis : to be sitting. (même remarque que pour 'stand' (phrase 4)
    - à attendre que le téléphone sonne : to wait for the telephone to ring
    - 'sitting' et 'waiting' sont sur le même plan.
    - veiller à : to ensure/ to make sure/ to see to it that...

Encore à vous et encore !

Réponse : Ex 274/conflicts de happynutmeg13, postée le 15-05-2024 à 10:13:19 (S | E)
    Thank you for all your work and explanations !

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum