Click here to log in
4 million accounts created!
JOIN our free club and learn English now!
Get a free English lesson every week! 2 MILLION subscribers!
- Our other sites
Learn English > English lessons and exercises > English test #109249: There is / are, and other forms...
There is / are, and other forms...
1) There is + singular ; there are + plural; there 's a singular short form.
ex : There's a man => There are two men.
2) There + to be can be built in all the tenses.
3) The affirmative and negative forms are built very simply :
- Affirmative Form = the subject /verb inversion: Will there be rain tomorrow?
- Negative Form = addition of 'not': There won't be rain tomorrow.
4) 'There + to be' can be associated with a modal :
5) 'There used to be' expresses a difference between the present and the past :
ex : There used to be a ferry here, but now, they have built a bridge.
That's it ! Ready for the test, now !
English exercise "There is / are, and other forms..." created by here4u with The test builder
Click here to see the current stats of this English test
Please log in to save your progress.
End of the free exercise to learn English: There is / are, and other forms...
A free English exercise to learn English.
Other English exercises on the same topics : BE, HAVE, DO, DID, WAS... | Plural | There is/There are | All our lessons and exercises